PenguinTALK: Creating Virtual Community for Cross-Cultural Exchange,
- Incorporated closed group Facebook pages to create a pedagogical space where counseling students from Youngstown States University in the U.S. interacted with students and faculty at Ehwa Womans University in South Korea.
- Increased the cross-cultural sensitivity and awareness of graduate counseling students.
- Exchanged cultural and academic resources.
- Facilitated the development of technology competency.
- Published the article, "Virtually Connecting Across Geographical Boundaries Through Facebook".
Choi, K., & Moletta, N. (2013). Virtually connecting across geographical boundaries through Facebook. The Journal for International Counselor Education. 5, 50-63. Retrieved from http://digitalscholarship.unlv.edu/jice/vol5/iss1/4
ONLINE TEACHING CERTIFICATION AND TRAINING
Certificate of Independent Applying the Quality Matters (QM) Rubric (June 19, 2013)
- The Quality Matters (QM) Program is a nationally recognized faculty-centered and peer review process designed to certify the quality of online courses and online components.
Blackboard Training, Fall 2011
- Completed seven (7) sessions designed to introduce teaching tools and resources in Bb 9.1: Getting started with building courses, Developing assessment tools, Enhancing communication & Collaboration, Collaboration in groups, Creating narrated/animated presentations with Impatica, Building advanced assessment tools, and Teaching with classroom responders--Clickers.